We all know that advocacy and government relations are a crucial part of any organization that deals with policy. And yet, the advocacy and GR departments aren’t typically seen as revenue generators — which means that getting more budget and resources can be an uphill battle.
With that in mind, how do you prove your worth to colleagues, other departments, and your board?
In this webinar, we show you how to speak the language of your CEO (metrics and the bottom line), your membership director (added retention, engagement, and membership growth), and your board (engagement and devotion to the organization), so you can make an effective case for your department.
We’ll also offer tips for getting those you’re trying to influence make the case for you.
Some of the topics we cover include:
- How to use metrics to emphasize how engagement is contributing to the bottom line.
- How to show that high open or click through rates on action are aiding retention, and how the outreach and growth in your advocacy (showing numbers where non-members are engaging and taking action for you) is reaching new audiences of potential members.
- Why it’s important to set your own benchmarks – for open rates, action rates, and so forth – otherwise they will be set for you. And how to use historical data to set them.
- Why it’s important to report on incremental growth in percentages, not numbers, based on the size of your organization. Success for one group may not be the same for another.
- The value in showing activity growth by advocacy campaign, not by date.
- The value of providing quick reports, such as recipient and communications reports.
- How communicating up and out lets you be a resource, and why you should do quarterly government relations check-ins, so people can see what you’re doing. These can be with internal departments, using metrics and impact, but also with external groups such as your membership to keep them in the loop.
Stream the webinar here!
Here is what you will learn during the webinar:
The credit for the music used in the video goes to bensound.com
Are you interested in the slides from the webinar? We made the available below. In order to see the full video for free, please go to http://bit.ly/governmentrelations
Are you searching for more information on government relations? Please see our resources below.
What a pro advocacy solution can do for your small team
Small teams need powerful tools. Download our report on pro advocacy solutions for small teams right...Download
The 10 Skills Needed to Master Government Relations
These 10 skills can help you whether you're a GR newbie or practiced pro....Download
Keeping on Top of Legislative Changes with CQ Federal
We asked thousands of government relations pros the #1 issue they were dealing with. The top answer?...Download